Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Chapter that interests me

The chapter that interested me the most so far in Mightier Than the Sword was the fourth chapter which is attacking municipal corruption. What I like about the chapter is that it shows how the Fourth estate and journalism is able to take down corruption in the United States government by using cartoons and journalism despite the amount of power that was held within these corrupt officials. In the chapter we see the corruption influenced by William Marcy Tweed and how his power fades away by the power of the press. Today we can look back on how Thomas Nast and the techniques of journalism were able to uncover the truth to eliminate corruption. The reason why I chose this chapter was because I wanted to learn more about William Marcy Tweed and how his power was lost from journalism.

No comments:

Post a Comment